Monday, April 30, 2012

Writing Reflection #8


So last week we worked on “Newspaper Blackout Poetry”. It is simply taking a newspaper article and highlighting a series of words that form a poem and blacking out all the rest. I felt it went really well. It was really interesting to see what you can find in all the words of a newspaper article. I found it was hard to get started and find the right article but once you do and you get an idea of what to write, all the words you need seem to just magically appear in front of you. Even if you can’t find the right word, you can look for a word that has the same letters and just cut around it to use the word you need. One of the difficulties I found was staying on the same topic for all 3 poems. There were multiple times where I would make a good poem but it wouldn’t have anything to do with my other ones so I wouldn’t be able to use it. That made me really frustrated after working hard and spending time making something you think sounds good and then have found out you did it all for nothing because it isn’t related to your other poems. I found it was really unique compared to other things we have done because in all our other projects, we were able to just use any words we want and there were no restrictions where as for the newspaper blackout poetry, we can only use words that are in the article so there are many restrictions. It made it more challenging but it was a fun type of challenging. I learned that once I get started on something, I could go on forever, the hard part is just figuring out where to start.



No comments:

Post a Comment