Monday, April 30, 2012

Reading Reflection #8

Book: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 238-252

This chapter starts after Katniss and Peeta have their private training sessions in front of the gamemakers. On my last reading reflection I had questions about Katniss's session and before I read about Peeta's, I made a prediction. I knew he did something with paint that shocked the gamemakers. I thought he might have painted a picture of a mockingjay or something that might have symbolised the rebellion. It turned out I was wrong, he had painted a picture of Rue and what it looked like when Katniss buried her. After their training sessions the gamemakers give them a score out of 12. Once again, I had predicted that they weren't going to get a very high score because the gamemakers were mad at them which would affect them getting sponsored. Just like the other time, I was wrong on this prediction as well. They both received the highest rating possible. At first I didn’t understand why but then I realized. If they have a high rating, the other tributes will want to team up against them and take them out first. It was a smart move by the gamemakers but it’s bad for Katniss and Peeta. One good thing for Katniss and Peeta was when they had a whole day to hangout by themselves when their mentors were mad and cancelled the interview training. It was nice they had time to be together and have fun after everything they are doing but will it affect them that they are getting their interview training? It turns out they did fine during their interviews but it was Katniss’s dress that I had questions about. After she twirled, it completely disintegrated and she was left in a dress that looked like a mockingjay. What is the president going to think about this and is he going to do anything about it? I guess I’ll have to keep reading and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment