Monday, April 16, 2012

Reading Reflection #6

Reading Reflection #6
Book: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 204-217


In this chapter, there were a few different things that I had questions about. At the beginning, Katniss is being prepped by her prep team but there is something she says that made me think, it was "by losing me they'll be losing their ticket to all kinds of big social events". It made me wonder, do they all really care about her or do they just use her to get into big important parties and get togethers. They are crying while they are prepping her but is that just an act? I would hope it's not and that they actually do care that she is going to be going back in the arena again and that they might never see her again.
  
Another part that caught my attention was when she talks about most people in the Capitol and particularily her servant on the train, and how they don't like that the victors have to go in the arena again, it made me wonder why they are doing it? If it's all supposed to be some big show, why would they be doing something that the people don't like? Do they really care or is it supposed to be a message directed to Katniss? What they also say is that once the gong sounds, the people won't care and they will be distracted by the show which I could believe. I think that even though they may not like it, they won't actually do anything about it and will just continue to watch just like every other year. I'll have to just continue reading and see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment