Monday, April 30, 2012

Reading Reflection #7

Book: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 218- 237
In this chapter, I had a couple of questions and concerns. First off, Katniss had a new Avox servant who turns out to be Darius. I had thought Darius was killed when him and Gale were being beaten. I don't know if he really did die and the Capitol did something to bring him back or if they just captured him and changed him. Either way, Katniss is really affected by it which isn't good right before her training. Another thing that really made me think was the fact that Haymitch said they should try to make friends with some of the fellow tributes before going into the arena. He points out how most of the others have been friends for a while so they are more likely to go after Katniss and Peeta first. It makes sense that they would go after the new victors since they don't really know them that well where as they have known the others for a lot longer. So it would be smart for them to try and make friends which they do during training. But also, if they become friends with the other tributes, will that make it harder for Katniss and Peeta to kill them in the arena? I know if it was me, it'd be alot harder to kill someone whos my friend than someone I don't even know. My final question I had was at the end when Katniss has he private session. She hangs a training dummy and writes the name "Seneca Crane" on it. Who is Seneca Crane? Why were the gamemakers so shocked by seeing that name? I'm sure all my questions will be answered as I read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment