Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reading Reflection #1

            Over the past couple weeks I have been reading “Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins. It is the sequel to the popular book “The Hunger Games”. I read the first book and it was so good that I just had to read the sequel. I think Suzanne Collins is a really talented author but you really have to pay attention when you`re reading otherwise you will have tons of questions and will have to go over things again.


 I just started reading part 2 of the book and already had lots of questions in my head. It starts off with Katniss going out into the woods and encounters a group of people in the shack by the lake. I instantly wondered who these people were and why were they there. I didn’t know if they were going to hurt Katniss or what they were going to do? One of the people was limping and I was wondering what happened to her.Eventually as I read on, my questions were answered. They had escaped from district 8 and were running away to district 13. I was confused because there was no district 13, it had been completely destroyed years ago, so why did they want to go there? What were they expecting to find? They seem to think there are still people living underground there and they want to go live with them. It made me wonder, were there really still people living there?



Throughout what I read, I had made a couple predictions that I thought were going to happen. At first, I had thought the people at the lake were going to go home with Katniss and fight the rebellion with her but that didn't happen. After I found out that wasn't true, I thought they might continue going to district 13 to see if there really were people still living there but I don't know if that is what happened yet. The next part was when Katniss went back home and suddenly the fence was alive with electricity and she was trapped on the outside. I had predicted that Katniss was just going to wait and see if it shuts off but I was wrong again. So as you can see, I am not very good at predicting things so hopefully in the future I will think more and pay more attention before I predict something.

No comments:

Post a Comment