Monday, March 19, 2012

Reading Reflection #4

Book: Catching Fire
Author: Suzanne Collins
Pages Read: 174-187

I last left off with Katniss finding out she is going to be back in the arena for the next Hunger Games. I had predicted that earlier and I was right. In the next chapter I did a better job of understanding things and didn't have as many questions as I usually have. The first question I had in my mind was "Is Katniss really going to be back in the games? Or is there going to be some sort of rebellion and the games never happen?" I thought people might get furious about them having to go back in the games and cause them to rebel but I wasn't sure. The other question I had in my mind was "Which of the boys is going to be chosen? Haymitch or Peeta?" and "Which would Katniss rather have in the games with her?". I think that no matter which guy is chosen, the other will just volunteer as tribute.

I was right, Haymitch was chosen but Peeta volunteered as tribute. There was one comment I had about Peeta, after he knew he was going to be in the games again, he seemed really positive like it didn't bother him. He didn't care that he was going to be in the games again and might possibly die. He also seemed really concentrated on training. He is watching tapes of all his possible competitors and making sure he eats well and is in good shape.

The last thing was at the end of the chapter when they were rushed off the stage on thrown on the train to leave without saying goodbye to anyone. My questions were "What was it that Katniss wanted to say to Gale?" and "Why didn't they let them say their goodbyes?". Katniss had something she wanted to tell Gale before she left but she never got to, I am curious to know what it was that she wanted to say. Also the fact that they were just thrown on the train instantly confused me. Were they trying to send them a message? Will they ever get to talk to their families again?

No comments:

Post a Comment