Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Poking the Puddle" Response!

This whole Kony 2012 thing has really exploded in todays news and social media. It went from some little documentary to being seen by millions of people all over the world in just a couple days. Some people are in full support of the cause and want to see Joseph Kony taken down, where as some people are a little skeptical about it. Some people think it's a big money scam and not enough of the funds are actually being used to find Kony. Invisible Children came out with a statement that fully showed their financial statements from the past 5 years online for everyone to see. In my opinion, I understand that not every penny will be able to go straight to finding Kony and that the organization needs some financial gain to continue doing what their doing, which I think is a good thing, so I am okay with them making a somewhat of a profit off it. I don't think anyone would be able to go take down an African war criminal without any money. With that in mind, I feel it is a good thing we are talking about this in class and how we get to have our say in the matter. Ultimately, I hope Kony is found and arrested for everything he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment